Friday, January 25, 2013

Substitutes


“Sin is a substitute for what God really wants for you.”

 
I heard this on the radio a few days ago, and it caught my attention. When I choose sin, I’m choosing something that is a substitute for what God has for me. He has a plan and a purpose for me (Jeremiah 29:11) and He wants me to have REAL life… Life to the full! (John 10:10) But when I choose to sin, I’m actively choosing a substitute in place of the greater things that God has for me. God wants me to choose to live the life He has for me.

 
“Today I set before you life and death. Choose life.” –Deuteronomy 30:19 (paraphrased)

 
God knows what is best. He is our Heavenly Father, who knows each of us better than anyone. And because He knows us, and because of His love for us, He truly wants what is best for us. He does not want us to settle for the substitutes of sin… He wants us to choose HIM instead of our own desires, His will and plan for us instead of sin.

 
God wants us to live focused on Him, not on the substitutes. Jesus came to give us life, real and full.

 
Choose the life God has for you…. Life to the full! John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment